Spring Spirulina pastas are like normal pastas, just with more protein, vitamins and minerals than your standard pasta because they are enriched with spirulina. They are more filling and satisfying than regular pasta, so less pasta (and less calories) need to be consumed to feel full. They also have less fat, zero cholesterol and are 100% vegan – the perfect guilt-free super pasta.
We keep it simple: 96% durum wheat, 4% dry spirulina
Spring Spirulina pasta contains 10g of protein per serving! As well as calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin and zinc!
Our spirulina pasta is an excellent source of iron which reduces tiredness and supports normal cognitive function (helps your brain work!). Our pasta is also a source of protein which helps in tissue building and growth (hello muscles), as well as vitamin A which supports a healthy immune system and normal vision. Vegan friendly, non-GMO and all round super food.
CACIO E PEPE (CHEESE AND PEPPER)
SPRING SPIRULINA SPAGHETTI
YIELD: Serves 3
330 calories per serving
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
• 150g (6 ounces) or about 1/3 of a box of Spring Spirulina Spaghetti
• 45ml (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter or olive oil
• 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
• 80g (3/4 cup) finely grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
• 20g (1/3 cup) finely grated Pecorino Romano
1. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5-quart pot. Season with salt; add Spring Spirulina spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 180 ml (3/4 cup) pasta cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, swirling pan, until toasted, about 1 minute.
3. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter. Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted. Remove pan from heat; add Pecorino, stirring and tossing until cheese melts and sauce coats the Spring Spirulina spaghetti. (Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry, add more cheese it the sauce is too watery.) Transfer pasta to warm bowls and serve.